This article is part of my "Marketing for Mompreneurs" training, which teaches moms how to grow their crafting business. Check out the link for more mompreneur articles!
Welcome to the mompreneur bootcamp! In this series, I challenge you to create your first Etsy listing in 10 days!
Creating the actual listing is really easy, but I want you to prepare your business for long term success. I want you to succeed!
Note – I structured this as one task per day because I know how busy a mom can get. But feel free to knock out multiple per day if you’ve got the time!
You’ll need some preparation:
- You should be familiar with crafting or similar and be able to make your own products to sell
- For example, you may want a Cricut for cutting vinyl
- $10- $20 to register your own internet domain name
- For example, my internet domain name is heartcraftgirl.com
- Requires annual renewal
- Some money to register your business with your home state
- The amount required varies by state and by the business structure you choose to use
Ready to be your own boss?
I hope you’re excited and motivated to get things rolling! But before you start… be prepared to do a lot of work.
It can be financially rewarding, but it requires sacrificing your personal time after the kiddos go to sleep or are at school. I think the hardest part of all this comes down to one word:
For me this means doing my best to NOT get distracted in the Facebook world, limiting TV and really being intentional about my goals and objectives. Each day when I wake up I create my TODO list and get started checking things off…
I hope to teach time management skills for moms in the future, but that won’t be covered in this bootcamp. But I want you to be aware that this job requires time management for us busy moms!
Time to dig into the bootcamp schedule1 Here is what we’ll be covering to get your first Etsy listing up:
- Day 1: Identify your Niche
- Day 2: Name your business
- Day 3: Register with the Government
- Day 4: Create Your Email Address
- Day 5: Create Logo
- Day 6: Reserve Your Name
- Day 7: Set up a Home Base
- Day 8: Set up Order Tracking System
- Day 9: Set up Financial Accounts
- Day 10: Set up your First Etsy Listing
Let’s get started on Day 1!
You got this, mama!